Abeer KhedrDirector of Information Security
National Bank of Egypt
Abeer is the Information Security Director at the National Bank of Egypt (NBE). She has been leading the information security program at the bank for over five years, has developed information security policies and standards, implemented a bank wide awareness program and established an information security management system (ISMS) in line with ISO 27001:2013. This system has recently obtained certification for the bank’s main data center in May 2016. Prior to joining NBE, Abeer was leading the ITR (Information Technology & Risk) service line at Deloitte Egypt. She has provided information security consulting services to clients in different sectors (banking, telecom & manufacturing). Abeer graduated from the American University in Cairo with a major in Computer Science & minor in Economics. She is a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Risk & Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified in Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) and successfully completed both ISO 27001:2013 Lead Auditor & PMP (Project Management Professional) certification exams. Abeer has been recently awarded as Middle East Woman Security Leader by the CISO council in MESA 2016.
- Identifying your critical business assets more vulnerable to cyber attack
- Make cyber risk more tangible and aligned with existing frameworks
- Assessing the maturity of your current cybersecurity programmme-invest and improve
- Addressing cybersecurity as a C suite and not just an IT problem
10:00 AM Security panel: How can you ensure ultimate security for your bank in the wave of innovations?
- Creating trust in the digital world
- Identifying the threats and vulnerabilities
- Prioritising, streamlining and mapping a comprehensive and efficient cybersecurity approach
- Moving the North African banking industry to the next level of cybersecurity to continue to match global standards of banking