Dr Sherif HashemVice President for Cybersecurity
National Telecom Regulatory Authority
<p>Dr. Sherif Hashem is the Vice President for Cybersecurity at the National Telecom Regulatory Authority (NTRA), and the Chairman of the Executive Bureau of the Egyptian Supreme Cybersecurity Council. He is a Professor at the Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt (with a joint appointment at the NTRA).</p>
<p>Dr. Hashem’s responsibility includes supporting cybersecurity efforts at the national level, and setting up the framework for further developing the Egyptian Computer Emergency Readiness Team (EG-CERT). Successful cybersecurity initiatives and activities at the NTRA have contributed to Egypt’s advanced cybersecurity rank: 14th among 194 countries, as reported by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU)/ABI Global Cybersecurity Index in June 2017.</p>
<p>Dr. Hashem received a B.Sc. in Communication & Electronic Engineering and a M.Sc. in Engineering Mathematics from Cairo University-Egypt, and a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University-USA. He also completed the Senior Executive Program at Harvard Business School-USA. Dr. Hashem authored and co-authored more than fifty five articles and book chapters in the areas of information technology, e-commerce, computational intelligence, and operations research, with applications in engineering, energy, environment, and computer sciences .</p>
10:00 AM Security panel: How can you ensure ultimate security for your bank in the wave of innovations?
- Creating trust in the digital world
- Identifying the threats and vulnerabilities
- Prioritising, streamlining and mapping a comprehensive and efficient cybersecurity approach
- Moving the North African banking industry to the next level of cybersecurity to continue to match global standards of banking
- Developing a national cybersecurity strategy
- Securing your digital enterprise
- How can you ensure that your rapidly growing digital infrastructure is safe and secure?
- Addressing the importance of network security and integrity of information and confidentiality of personal data