Hisham El SherifChief Information Officer
Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait, Egypt
Hisham Sherif is the Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Al Ahli Bank of Kuwait - Egypt (ABK -Egypt). In his capacity, he leads ABK – Egypt’s Technology Portfolio focusing on FinTech; Digital Transformation, Digital Financial Services, and advances in Technology and Communication through empowering all customer touch points with FinTech essential at all levels.As the Bank CIO, Sherif is responsible for strategic and operational planning, effective applications development delivery and implementation, ensures cost efficiency and system availability standards. He is also a key participant in presenting IT solutions on the Group level. In addition, Sherif drives innovation and adoption of best practices by translating business requirements into Service Level Agreements (SLAs), project specifications and business enabling systems. Sherif has over 20 years of experience in the field of IT with 15 years focus on IT Solutions for the Banking Industry and executive leadership on IT policies, information governance, and compliance. He has successfully managed the implementation and migration of a wide array of projects; Core Banking Systems, Online Banking platforms, ATM Switch, Payment Systems, in addition to applying Project Management and Information Security Standards whilst ensuring full compliance with IT ISO Standards. Sherif graduated from the Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University and holds an Executive Masters Degree in Business Administration from Georgia State University and Alexandria University. He also holds a variety of technical and professional certifications, as he is a Certified Information Technology Manager (CITM) from Enterprise Product Integration (EPI), Certified Six Segma Green Belt from American University in Cairo (AUC) and has a Diploma in Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) from the International Advertising Association (IAA)
- What is the role leaders in the banking sector play to push for Financial Inclusion in Egypt
- How to align business functions in your bank to drive financial inclusion
- How banks can spur innovations in digital financial services to support financial inclusion
- What steps have banks took so far ? and what is the way forward?
11:00 AM Leadership panel discussion: Digital transformation - Plan, predict and prepare for innovation
This leadership panel will feature some of the movers and shakers of the region’s banking sector to address some
of the latest trends, innovations, opportunity and obstacles
- Setting your digital strategy: Challenges and opportunities of digitisation
- Digital transformation and the regulatory challenges
- Driving a customer centric bank transformation and managing changing customer expectations
- Will digitisation overcome the legacy constraints of the banking sector?
- Will we ever see a digital-only bank in the region?
- What is needed to succeed in the digital future?
- The new era of client segmentation: The potential of big data generated through digitisation
12:00 PM Case study: Digital transformation journey – simplifying your banking and finding the right path to digital transformation
- Addressing the key disruptors of the banking industry
- Leveraging technology to simplify banking and maximise your capabilities
- Innovate to deliver a great banking experience for all customers